Italjet Fuchs Dyno Centre
Our workshop is fully equipped with a Fuchs BEI251 dynamometer with special software to run scooters as well as motorcycles. Setting up carburetion on 2 strokes is one of the most crucial stages of tuning, without it running right it can be fatal causing seizures and detonation.
- Dyno Run – £20
- Dyno Setup – £45/hour
About Our Dynamometer
- Air/fuel mapping
- Carburettor tuning
- Fault diagnosis
- Multiple gear tests
- Response tests
- Multiple comparisons
- Acceleration tests
- Cooling fan outlets for engine & exhaust pipes.
- Integral extraction fan and magnetic intake hoses.
- Automatic wheel clamp, which together with the roller allows frame alignment check
- Cooling fan outlet for rear tyre, motorcycle brake and silencers.
- Wheel speed sensor.
- Roller speed sensor.
- Safety barriers (CE) with Perspex screens
- Roller Brake (CE specifications)
- Integral folding access ramp, which doubles as safety barrier (CE)
- Non-slip chrome roller with grove (for alignment check) and safety brake.
- Comprehensive motorcycle parameter databank (1400 bikes+)
Forced air cooling for engine and exhausts – Powerful specially designed cooling fans cool the engine and exhaust pipes providing a carefully controlled test environment for accurate, repeatable results. Integral exhaust extraction system – a powerful extraction fan designed for dyno work is integrated within the chassis together with magnetic extraction intakes which fix to the safety ramp for a neat, efficient system – essential for safe testing.
Rear wheel cooling – An additional integral cooling fan for the rear tyre, brake and silencers allows intensive testing without overheating.
Automatic pneumatic wheel clamp – This system takes one person and 5 seconds to load the bike in total safety. Extremely rigid front wheel clamp (with 3 contact points instead of 2 as on conventional systems). Complete support without any straps: allows wheel/frame alignment check. The bike’s rear tyre is not subjected to abnormal stresses.
This allows the following tests to be performed:
- Detection of play in steering head and swing arm bearings.
- Confirmation of front and rear suspension operation, damping and condition.
- Dynamic wheel and frame alignment test.
- Transmission and chain check.
Air / fuel meter (“lambda sensor”) – gives a fast indication of the mixture status. Fuchs software can display the air/fuel ratio on the power curve printout. The Fuchs system uses a heated wide range lambda sensor to quickly measure air / fuel ratio while tuning carburetted scooters. This shows a live air/fuel ratio while testing the motorcycle, together with a real time air/fuel curve superimposed on the power & torque curve. The system uses compressed air to pull the gases over the Lambda sensor (venturi effect) makes the system quicker to react and more accurate at low rpm.